Find the right expert to suit your requirements from the boxes below
The complex risks of the energy sector are constantly evolving from exploration of new and untapped energy fields to developing new and alternative forms of energy. Energy insurance provides protection against loss or damage and business interruption arising from the wide variety of risks that the industry has to deal with.
Our dedicated energy underwriters at Tokio Marine Kiln have a reputation for being among the most knowledgeable and experienced in the insurance market. We have significant capacity and our clients in the energy industry include a wide range of oil companies including new operators, drilling contractors and oilfield service contractors. In addition, our team is at the forefront of developing insurance responses to the industry; we are pioneers in developing products for the renewable energy market.
We offer physical damage coverage including operational, construction and installation for:
- Fixed platforms, pipelines and cables, offshore mobile drilling units, offshore sub-sea and surface production systems, oilfield equipment
- Land rigs
- Wind farms
- Renewable energy facilities
Other specialist covers include:
- Vessel conversion risks
- Control of well/operators’ extra expense; drilling and production, onshore and offshore
- Associated third party liability
- Business interruption (BI) and contingent BI
- Delay in start-up of projects (DSU)
- Delay in delivery of vessels from building or conversion