Find the right expert to suit your requirements from the boxes below
The transportation of goods by road and sea underwent a revolution with the introduction of the shipping container in 1954. However, the risks of loss or damage facing cargo owners continue to evolve, even with advances in the quality of inter-modal transport. Our cargo insurance provides cover against these risks.
Tokio Marine Kiln has a long track record of providing innovative risk solutions to cargo owners in an ever-uncertain world. We insure most types of cargo but have specific in-depth expertise in the frozen food industry, as well as rejection insurance. In addition we offer bespoke solutions in specie and fine art insurance, including cover for private collections, museums and institutions. We accept cargo business directly, on a facultative basis and via delegated authorities.
We offer a broad range of insurance policy coverage:
- Loss or damage to cargoes of all descriptions and methods of carriage
- War on land and terrorism cover to cargoes
- Stock-throughput insurance
- Project cargo and delay in start-up (DSU)
- Reinsurance – both proportional and non proportional
Our maximum line size is USD40m.