Find the right expert to suit your requirements from the boxes below
Our graduate scheme is a two-and-a-half year programme and seeks to provide in-depth experience, skills and a broad spectrum of product knowledge through insightful and challenging rotations across each underwriting division.
Together with rotations in core business areas and structured learning and development, including ACII professional studies, the programme helps to provide a foundation for each individual’s career in underwriting.
Typically, the programme is structured as follows:
- Two week Induction
- Year 1: Four underwriting rotations across each department with shorter non-underwriting rotations in-between
- Year 2: Up to three underwriting placements across divisions selected by business need
- Final placements: Wordings, Claims and Overseas in teams relevant to your Trainee Underwriter role after the programme
- On-boarding into Trainee Underwriter role
- On-going Learning & Development throughout the programme, including professional studies
When recruiting for our UK graduate schemes, we look for:
- A 2:1 honours degree or above in any subject*
- Strong communication skills
- Well demonstrated analytical skills
- Proven numeric ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- Fluency in English
- A demonstrated interest and enthusiasm for your chosen graduate scheme and understanding of your potential career path at Tokio Marine Kiln
The number of graduate vacancies we have each year depends on our business requirements.
* Graduates educated outside the UK will be expected to hold an equivalent level of academic qualification.